Number of Game Overs in Each Game

Discussion in 'General Zelda' started by Error, Feb 6, 2012.

?

How many times do you game over?

I die... a lot. At least once on every playthrough. 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Only once or twice. 5 vote(s) 45.5%
There's a game over screen? 4 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. Error Me Grooseta

Message Count:
    So... pretty much, how many times have you died in each Zelda game?

In Skyward Sword, I died twice.
    1. Indiana Jones fail
    2. I missed on the Groosenator self launch, and the Imprisoned floated up to Grannie and ate her.

How about you guys?
  2. iAsobu There is no answer and no form.

Message Count:
    In A Link to the Past, a die like I'm an army of stupid NPCs. I got killed left and right like there was no tomorrow on my last playthrough. Maybe I should be more cautious.
    I've died numerous times in Ocarina of Time, but I can't name every time.
    In Majora's Mask, on died on a few occassions simply by being careless and fighting a Peahat unprepared. Though that's not necessarily a game over. I've never really let the moon fall.
    I'm sure I've died once or twice in Wind Waker, but I can't remember where.
    In Twilight Princess, Trill killed me when I tried to shoplift from him on my first playthrough. But now we're best friends.
    I died in Skyward Sword after failing to successfully defeat the Imprisoned several times. Then it took me at least three tries to beat the final boss.
  3. Argent فضة 银

Message Count:
    You can self-launch on the Groosenator? :blink:
  4. Error Me Grooseta

Message Count:
    When Groose launches Link at the Imprisoned.
  5. ZeldaBoy gaymer

Message Count:
    Well in Zelda 64 I did manage to beat it with just 3 hearts and zero deaths on my save file. But then I did make good use of bottled fairies and not saving my game if I messed up...
  6. iAsobu There is no answer and no form.

Message Count:
    Doesn't "Zelda 64" collectively refer to both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask?
  7. talonmalon333 Voo_Bopo

Message Count:
    I died in Skyward Sword... That's the most recent time I've died in a Zelda in ages.

In fact, I don't even know the game over screen for The Wind Waker. XD
  8. Seran Aileron Global Moderator

Message Count:
    I've died several times in basically every Zelda game, bar Twilight Princess and my first run of SS.

OoT- took me forever to beat Ganon. Then again, I was eight.
    MM- Gyorg. I had no idea you could shoot him, so I just tried ramming him with Zora Link. It works, but it's pretty tough.
    TWW- I died on the pit of trials. I think that's the only real time I died, though...
    2D games- I die pretty frequently for the obvious reasons.
    DS games- I died a lot on the overworld because I was lazy.
  9. Error Me Grooseta

Message Count:
    Oh yeah, I always ran out of magic in the Ganon fight of OoT. And I died once in TP because I didn't know you played tennis against Puppet Zelda. I tried shield bashing her energy balls.
  10. Argent فضة 银

Message Count:
    See, I thought that's what you were supposed to do, but when I went over there, nothing happened. I even talked to Groose, but all he said was something about not being able to do anything or something. After failing a few times against the Imprisoned, I finally figured out that, once it gets closer to the Sealed Temple, the central wind hole opens back up, so I used that to get on its back.
  11. Game Over Freeman

Message Count:
    I could make a joke about never being in a zelda game myself (:P), but I'll gust get to the game discussion

Zelda I and II : more times than I'd like to count.
    OoT : I don't remember dying too many times
    WW : You could die in that game :shoop:
    ST : same as WW
    4Swords : only in the challenge levels.
    MC : Bosses
    SS : twice, because I was careless
  12. Argent فضة 银

Message Count:
    I think the only times I died in SS (in normal mode) were against Demise. Yes, Fi did tell me that my equipment was 0% suitable to the situation, but I didn't care. I just kept trying to beat him, and then went out and bought a few red potions, and then went back to Demise again. I died maybe five times before I accidentally figured out that you could absorb the lightning.

So many things are unclear in SS (like absorbing lightning, or the Groosenator self-launch), but I guess that's where some of the challenge comes from. I can't remember the last time I played a Zelda game and couldn't figure out what to do right away.
  13. ZeldaBoy gaymer

Message Count:
    @iAsobu - I'm old school, Zelda 64 = Ocarina of Time. That's what everyone was calling Zelda 5 before it got a title. zelda64.com was OoT's official Nintendo homepage as well...
  14. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Never on any game except the NES ones, in which it's too often to count. Ok perhaps not LoZ, I think I've done that still with a zero counter, but only quest 1. AoL? All the effing time.

Also Spirit Tracks. But only because of the trains on the track and CBA actually planning a path.

Died twice before Demise on SS first time too (Scaldera because I kept pressing A to run while holding a bomb, instead blowing myself up. Also secong Moldarach fight- had one and a half hearts and I had no idea he was there.) then a couple of times on Demise before realising I could absorb lightning.
  15. I AM ERROR ONLY ERROR CAN DEFEAT GANNON

Message Count:
    Nope, it was wjhat OoT was called before having a name. Just like SS was Zelda Wii, but a second Zelda released on the Wii would never be called that.

And I have no idea how many time I got a game over in each game, but let's try.

WW, PH and TP are certainly zero, SS was around two (don't remember clearly anymore, might have been a few more), in OoT and MM I must have gotten around 6 (each), LoZ and AoL were x, where x tends to infinity.

On the (other) portable games, I have no idea how many game overs I got. Not many. Oh, I remember I got one game over on ST.
  16. talonmalon333 Voo_Bopo

Message Count:
    Ocarina of Time was Zelda 64.
    Majora's Mask was Zelda Gaiden.

I think I died against Demise.
  17. Asukafan Pirate hunter

Message Count:
    I died like three times in SS against Demise
    Died once in WW the first time I fought Ganondorf (it was my first Zelda game :P)
    Died once in MM against Gyorg, that stupid fish :serious:
    Died in ST sometimes clashing with the evil trains (I dont know if this counts)
    Died over 9000 times in LoZ, AoL and LttP
    Never died in LA, OoT, FS, FSA, PH and TP
  18. Argent فضة 银

Message Count:
    I don't die against the trains in ST anymore. I know how to get away by just shifting into reverse and repeatedly firing my cannon forward until it gets stunned and slows down.
  19. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Except for when you're in a pincer.
  20. talonmalon333 Voo_Bopo

Message Count:
    Doesn't mean they aren't scary anymore. :P