1. Gestalt "Galsult the Gaslut" Replicant The Moon is red...red like wine.

Message Count:
    So, as we all know, generation VI will be upon us this October. Generation 6, released in the month containing the day of celebrating the dead... and within this generation will lie the 666th pocket monster that this series has spawned.

Now, before everyone goes "loltheory", no, this isn't going to be a crazy theory. But I do think there's a chance this number will be commemorated by a Pokemon somehow - it's hardly without precedent thanks to Spiritomb.

"In Pokémon Diamond, Spiritomb's entry states that it was formed from 108 spirits, Spiritomb's number in the Sinnoh Pokédex is 108, its Defense and Special Defense base values are 108, and it weighs exactly 108.0 kilograms. It also explicitly states this in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, when it shouts "We are SPIRITOMB! We are made from a fusion of spirits! One hundred and EIGHT of them!" This is based on the number of temptations a person must overcome to reach Nirvana in Buddhism, implying that Spiritomb couldn't resist the temptations, so was bound to a stone."

So, if Nintendo were to go about making the 666th Pokemon something special, would should it be? Something actually cool like a third evolution of Houndoom as a sort of Cerberus creature? Or something potentially self-referential and funny in a "horrific" way, like Tentattabat:

[IMG]
  2. swimiller valar morghulis

Message Count:
    I hope they make a good 666th Pokemon. It should look demonic. I would say that its stats should add up to 666, but honestly, that's too high.
  3. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    It should be an angel pokémon. For lols.
    Trock and Ace like this.
  4. Ruby Doesn't have a god complex.

Message Count:
    I read it on Reddit way back when X and Y were first announced but someone basically broke it down to saying that it's probably a bug or something. We're at 649 so far, which is quite close to 666. If we assume no victini magic, 650-658 will be starters and evolutions. 659-665 will probably be birds or bugs or rodents and 666 will probably be one as well.

To be fair the theory ignores that in gen 4 (if we pretend it starts from 650) it's shinx and in gen 5 it's Simisage, and neither of them fit any particular niche.

Also keep in mind Spiritomb is only 108 des entry in the Sinnoh dex, not the national dex, and it's unlikely this game will have us start with a national dex, so any reference would go unexplained for anyone who doesn't do the math themselves pre-e4.
  5. I AM ERROR ONLY ERROR CAN DEFEAT GANNON

Message Count:
    Also, it makes much more sense for them to make a Pokémon based around the number 108 (even if many Pokémon have had that specific number in different regional dexes) than 666. The number just carries a much bigger cultural connotation to them.
  6. Dr. Flamingo Doomy Baby

Message Count:
    GF has never really attributed special pokemon to certain numbers in the Nat Dex. :/
  7. sweet-devil

Message Count:
    I will be disappointed if they don't somehow make it look satanic/demonic/whatever.
  8. Dr. Flamingo Doomy Baby

Message Count:
    It's probably gonna be some fluffy bunny.
    swimiller likes this.
  9. Ruby Doesn't have a god complex.

Message Count:
    Hey guys number 4 is really evil and stuff so like Charmander must be some devil pokemon because of the Pokemon series' long-standing commitment to every single number having meaning and everything.
    I AM ERROR likes this.
  10. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Pikachu is 25. Meowth, Team Rocket's pokéball-less Pokémon, is 52. ODLAW.
  11. Deku Scrub How about I scrub your shit?

Message Count:
    I hope they skip the number altogether, just to see the shitstorm it would cause. Plus, it would make some cool creepypasta.
    sweet-devil and Game Over like this.
  12. I AM ERROR ONLY ERROR CAN DEFEAT GANNON

Message Count:
    So #666 would officially become MissingNo.? :P
    Houka, Ace and Deku Scrub like this.
  13. Dr. Flamingo Doomy Baby

Message Count:
    This is the first thing about this thread that I like.
  14. Houka Rock it!

Message Count:
    Sounds interesting but at the same I'm thinking they would make it bad (Not in the good way).