Realms of the Zeldaverse

Discussion in 'Zelda: SERIOUS BUSINESS' started by Invader Zim, Aug 26, 2011.

?

Is or was the Sacred Realm physically in the sky of Hyrule?

Yes, the Sacred Realm used to be physically in the sky, but is now a separate dimension. 1 vote(s) 6.3%
Yes, the Sacred Realm still is physically in the sky of Hyrule. 1 vote(s) 6.3%
No, the Sacred Realm was never in the same dimension as Hyrule. 6 vote(s) 37.5%
No, the Sacred Realm was once part of the land of Hyrule, and is now in a separate dimension. 2 vote(s) 12.5%
Obviously the Sacred Realm is World 9. 6 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    He couldn't look less like Ganondorf.
  2. Link451 Hero of Time

Message Count:
    Yeah, I stand corrected. I wasn't thinking straight at the time, now that I'm looking at them both again.
  3. Little Stomp Box Is that the plan?

Message Count:
    Uh, he looks plenty like Ganondorf to me.
  4. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    No he doesn't. Ganondorf has eyebrows, is green, not on fire, has a really pointy nose, has pointy ears, has normal shaped lips.

Renado looks more like Demise than Ganon.
  5. Little Stomp Box Is that the plan?

Message Count:
    Ganon has a pretty flat nose in more recent titles it's been change from long and pointy to big. In fact the Ganon's nose in TP looks almost Identical to Demise's.

Eyebrows shmyebrows. Ganondorf is human. Demise is not.

I'll give you the green skin.

Ganondorf has identical ears to Demise in OoT.

They both have pronounced lips,

Ganon has swept back fiery red hair with huge mutton chops. Demise has literal fire hair swept back and huge fire mutton chops.

I think it's pretty obvious Demise is intended to resemble Ganon.
  6. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    The HH mentions specifically that Ganon's nose is 'long and birdlike'. Demise's actually couldn't be rounder. He's like someone with a particularly round nose got in a fight with a guy whose hands were shaped like round noses and he was punched in the nose. Ganon's has always been pointed.
    Then your entire argument about resemblance is invalid.
    I'm glad.
    Ganon has round ears as a Gerudo, because Gerudo have round ears, then in the Adult section and in all later games, after he ahs become a demon, his ears turn pointy. So to symbolise him becoming more like Demise his ears turn to less like Demise? Good one.
    Except that Ganon has never had pronounced lips- going even so far as having basically no lips in his human appearances.
    His fire hair isn't swept back- it's straight upwards. Also, Ganon has never had particularly pervasive mutton chops. He had small normal beardless hair in OoT, and then a full beard in later titles. Never mutton chops.
    Except for all the design choices which make him not resemble Ganon. Like, all of them. He is a generic male character. There is nothing that suggests he is more Gannony than any other character.
  7. Little Stomp Box Is that the plan?

Message Count:
    While talking about OoT Ganondorf's character design.

You are being far too cynical.

[IMG]
    I see lips.

[IMG]

Those are Identical to Demise's sideburns. And Demise's hair is clearly swept back.

You were among the first around here to point out his resemblance to Ganon, so I really don't know why we're having this argument .
  8. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Because now I have seen him in the actual game and have seen more than a single piece of artwork and so I can now see he is no more Ganon in appearance than Renaldo, or Gaepora, or Darunia, or any other male in the series.

I just don't see it. If they had wanted to make him look like Ganondorf, they would have made him look like Ganondorf. Instead, they took his main features, ie: the green skin, bushy brows, pointy nose, the only Gerudo with pointed ears, and then did the complete opposite.
  9. dcmjlive Triforce Researcher

Message Count:
    I agree with LSB on this one. Demise really has that familiarity that screams Ganondorf. Nitpicking on things that really are different is just finding an excuse. The build, the dark skin, the fiery hair, it fits.
  10. Gestalt "Galsult the Gaslut" Replicant The Moon is red...red like wine.

Message Count:
    Demise, after fighting him in-game, actually looks more like Ganondorf to me. The whole pointy ear thing isn't a valid argument because technically the same person has both round and pointy ears. :P
  11. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Except it doesn't fit. The buid is different. The skin is different. The hair is different. It's harder to find anything that's the same, so how the hell is the reverse nitpicking? Everything is different.

He is a muscular male. That is all.
  12. Gestalt "Galsult the Gaslut" Replicant The Moon is red...red like wine.

Message Count:
    Dark tone of skin, orange hair, mutton chops, big rounded ears (OoT), big nose, style of dialogue and movement, etc.

Of course he's not Ganondorf, but there was clearly some resemblances drawn in in the art.
  13. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    Dark tone of skin? Really? Bluey red, versus green. They actually couldn't possibly be more different. But then, you didn't think Gondo wasn't black :P Demise's hair is as blue as often as it is orange, and it's also fire. And in a style a Ganondorf has never had. Also missing those massive eyebrows that were always far more prominent than Ganon's mutton chops. About the ears- see what I said before, "Ganon has round ears as a Gerudo, because Gerudo have round ears, then in the Adult section and in all later games, after he has become a demon, his ears turn pointy. So to symbolise him becoming more like Demise his ears turn to less like Demise? Good one."
    The nose, again, is completely different- very very rounded as Demise and specifically mentioned in canon to be very very pointy as Ganon. And dialogue and movement? Really? That has nothing to do with appearance, and also how else would you have an evil guy speak?

Again, I disagree entirely. I think they went out of their way to make him the most neutral, not indicative, generic evil big bad man possible.
  14. dcmjlive Triforce Researcher

Message Count:
    What GR is pointing out is that of course Demise isn't Ganondorf, they're two different persons. Of course there'll be huge obvious differences. Pointing them out doesn't support that there are no similarities. The similarities ARE there, as opposed to the other villains of the Zelda world.
  15. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    If we're going similarities, Mallafus features far more than Ganon. I know we don't see Malladus' true form per se, but the forms we do see have Demise's red and yellow eyes, Demise's glowy weak spot on the head, Demise's broad flat nose, Demise's hair far more simar than Ganon's ever was etc.

I say again- the resemblance is only that Demise and Ganondorf are both muscular and male. Literally everything else is a difference.
  16. AmadisAnguiano

Message Count:
    Why would Demise and Ganondorf look very much the same even if Ganondorf was Demise's mortal form? Demise mentions that SS Zelda pales in comparison to Hylia's goddess form. If Ganondorf was Demise's mortal form, he would most likely also pale in comparison, if even have any resemblance at all.
  17. River Zora Gimmicky and niche.

Message Count:
    ^In addition, Demise's description says he appears different in every era, meaning if you think Ganon IS Demise, you should argue that he looks different, rather than the same.
  18. dcmjlive Triforce Researcher

Message Count:
    I was arguing that of course he looks different, but has that similarity (muscular and male).
  19. Firepoet Gerudo

Message Count:
    I wouldn't take this too literally. I think he was just disrespecting mortals, and pointing out that she had a better appearance as a goddess. Also, Ganon has less muscle mass and his hair isn't on fire, so it does pale in comparison I suppose.
  20. Seran Aileron Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Same voice actor, variations of the same theme music, both adept sword wielders, connection to Old Hyrule and the Triforce, weak only against the Master Sword.

The developers usually make the same argument for Links. This is just an in-universe acknowledgement of the idea.
    Jarsh and Little Stomp Box like this.